Thursday, January 19, 2012

"Work"



Being an artist is a tough job.  Really.  In most cases, artists have to do many arty things to make a living doing what they love.  Sometimes, I find my head spinning, wondering what to do first.  Should I work in my studio? take care of my galleries? Work on my website? my blog? my entries?  So much to do!

But who can complain when you get to torch things for a living?

Shellac


Ink


Oh and this is the view from my studio.  Tough to beat!

The good thing about having a studio outside is that it's outside.  In the summer, I'm in a bikini and my apron to stay cool and in the winter, I'm bundeled up in a thousand layers but I get to be OUTSIDE every day!

Then there's break time.  Lucy Lou loves break time.  She can fetch in the lake all afternoon!

Aaahhh...

Lily appreciates a break as well.  Her sort of fun is sunning on the dock.

And at the end of the day, sometimes I even torch my dinner :)

3 comments:

  1. I love posts about an artist studio and how they work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Glad you get to do something you love and call it work. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, thank you.

    So few people understand all that is involved in being a working artist.

    ReplyDelete