Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9/11

Many times I work out thoughts and feelings through my art.  Twin Towers is one of those pieces.


The two large squares represent the footprint of the twin towers.  Smoke is billowing all around the buildings.  I remember how much smoke and ash surrounded everything.

The red square is engulfed in flames, representing 9/11.  The grey square depicts all the souls of those lost, now resting peacefully.  The grey of the square is also the color of the stone on the 9/11 memorial at Ground Zero.

Where there was so much loss at each of the sites of 9/11, there is now renewal and hope.  "Faith, hope and love" is imprinted in Chinese and English three times on the piece.  Each of the sets of symbols represent each of the three locations greatest affected by 9/11.

I will always remember where I was on that day.  I will remember the sacrifices of so many and hope for a brighter future ahead, here 10 years after 9/11.

No comments:

Post a Comment